Pages

Friday 7 January 2011

In the meadow we can build a snowman...

If you are going to be building a snowman, or if you're just spending anytime outside, chances are you're going to need some cold-weather accessories. Winter may not be my favorite season but if it means furnishing my already-quite-large collection of scarves and mittens, then its something I may just be able to rally around. One of my favorite ways to stock up on scarves is to buy pashminas by the boat load on the streets of New York. I'm not at all embarrassed to admit that my trips to New York usually include digging through dirty street vendors to find a pashmina in my current color obsession. At $5 or 6$ a pop, the price can't be beat.

If you won't be finding yourself in New York anytime soon, or various other large cities for that matter, here are some other cozy things I'm loving.

Anthropologie scarves, any kind, any color
Anthropologie scarves range from about $50 to $300 so the price is a little steep, but they literally have the most fab scarves I've ever seen. I recently worked an internship there and would pretty much use any free time I had to try on their various wraps. They're absolutely gorgeous and they have everything from heavy, cold-weather scarves, to silky, light scarves perfect for spring and fall days. I promise you if you buy one, you will constantly be complimented.

This scarf seems to be sold out everywhere (tear) but I'm still going to put it up because I'm obsessed. I'm loving the fur trends this season, although lets be honest, its always classic. Sidenote, anyone notice Ali from The City? You may remember her best for fighting constantly with her boyfriend? No? Thats ok, she wasn't very important (and neither was the show) but I thought I'd point it out anyways.

Ok, admittedly, some people may find these extremely stupid but I LOVE them.

Echo Infinity Scarf, $38.40
Echo Chunk Twist Snood, 15"W
In the last few years it seems infinity scarves are everywhere and they are- because they're amazing. You can find them literally everywhere and at every price point. I personally think if you're looking for a truly functional scarf, this is your best bet. Another name for them I've been seeing is the 'Snood', as you can wear it as both a scarf and a faux hood if you're ears are in need of some warmth. Hopefully everyone is getting fully stocked on snowy gear because here in Madison, we're in for a long, white winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment